You may have perhaps heard about Thermoplastic Road Marking Paint and interested to know more about it. This product is also referred to as ‘hot-melt marking paint’ and is rather a type of powder paint used on the road surface.
How it is applied?
During the application process, hot melt kettle gets used for heating it to about 200 degree Celsius that is 392 degree Fahrenheit. It helps melt powder. Once done, the product is sprayed at the desired areas on the road surface. After some time, the coating gets cooled and becomes hard and tough polymer line. The paint can be termed to be a thick coating and is reflective and bright in nature while being wear-resisting. You may discuss with the specialists at https://lightentraffic.com/ about the application process.
Practical application tests conducted in recent years has found that marking lines tend to lack the kind of surface roughness that is required. This only causes the wheel to slip, thereby causing unwanted major traffic accidents. Such unfortunate incidents are much more in rainy and snow weather. Hence, a few countries restricted the paint’s further usage.
To improve the line’s antiskid performance, reflective glass beads are used with the Thermoplastic Road Marking Machine. It is possible to use thermoplastic quite effectively especially for large anti-skid zones on pedestrian walkways and roads. This can be managed by simply including glass beads. Moreover, it allows production in different colours while being suitable for factory, car parks, walkways and other specific areas. The product hardens quickly, thus permitting vehicles to drive over them just after a couple of minutes.
Know the components
Among the different types of traffic safety products available in the market, this one is quite popular. Such marking paints comprise of glass beads, synthetic resin, additives, packing materials, pigments, etc.
- Additives are used in the paint to increase the coating’s plasticity, thus making it resistant towards colour fading, pollution and subsidence.
- Synthetic resin comes with thermoplasticity to fast dry hot melt coating and to be a strong and durable adhesive on the road surface.
- Packing materials like filling when included with the paint ensure wear resistance, mechanical strength and paint coating colour. Moreover, the particle size is likely to affect precipitation, liquidity and surface processing.
- The common colours that are used for Traffic Safety Supply and road lines are white and yellow. White pigments mainly comprise of lithophone, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. On the other hand, yellow pigment comprises of yellow lead that is heat resistant.
- Also are included glass microspheres to enhance line identification possibilities during night time. When done properly, it helps enhance marking durability and brightness. Glass bead is considered to be a transparent, colourless ball. It functions like a light refraction, directional and focusing reflection. When mixed in coating or simply dispensed across the coating surface is sure to reflect the vehicle’s light back to driver’s eyes. This way, marking visibility is improved considerably.
There are reputed companies that offer Single Tank Thermoplastic Preheater to suit specific road safety needs.
Read also about avple