ou can enable or disable Require Sign In on Wakeup setting within Windows 11 or Windows 10, using the Local Policy Editor or the Registry editor. All the xbox users Are facing the error of dns isnt resolving xbox server names. Follow the instructions mention in hyperlink.
Windows 11/10 does not require you to log into or enter your password when it wakes from Sleep mode. You can set Windows to require a password when it wakes up from Sleep by using Windows Setting. The Windows Settings method is not suitable if you need to apply the same setting to all users of your computer. In such cases, you will need to use the Registry Editor or the Local Group Policy editor.
It is recommended that you back up all Registry files before using the Registry Editor. Create a System Restore Point.
Require sign in to activate or disable Wakeup using Group Policy
These steps will enable or disable Require sign in on Wakeup using Group Policy.
- To open the Run prompt, press Win+R
- Type msc and hit the Enter button.
- Navigate to sleep settings in computer configuration.
- Double-click the Password Requirement button when a computer is plugged insetting.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Click the OK button.
- Double-click the Require password for computer that wakes up (on battery) setting.
- Click on the Enabled option.
- Click the OK button.
- Continue reading to learn more about these steps.
- First, open the Local Group Policy editor on your computer. To do this, press Win+R.
Navigate to the following path once you have opened the Local Group Policy editor on your computer.
Computer Configuration > Administrative templates > System > Power Management > Bed Setting
You will find two settings here: Requires a password when the computer wakes up (plugged in) and Requires a password whenever the computer wakes up (on battery). Double-click each setting to select the Enabledoption and then click the OKbutton.
Your computer will then ask you for a password each time it wakes from sleep.
Requires registration on Wakeup using Registry
These steps will allow you to turn on or off Require Registration on Wakeup using Registry
- To open the Run dialog, press Win+R.
- Type regedit> Hit the Enter button> Click the Yes
- Navigate to Microsoft in .
- Right-click on Microsoft > > Key.
- It can be called Power.
- Right-click Power > > Key.
- It can be called Power Settings.
- Right-click on Power Settings New >Key.
- Set the name as 0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51.
- Right-click the subkey New> DWORD (32 bits) Value
- It can be referred to as AC Setting Index.
- Double-click it to change the value data to 1.
- Click the OK button.
- Name another DWORD (32 bit) Value and create DCSettingIndex.
- Set the DC Setting Index Value data to 1.
- Reboot your computer.
- Continue reading to learn more about each step.
- First, press Win+R > enter regedit and hit the Enterbutton. Next, if you see the UAC prompt, click on the Yes option button to open the Registry Editor. Follow this link to continue:
- Right-click the Microsoft key and select Key. Right-click the powerkey and choose new > Key.
- Following that, right-click on the PowerSettings key, choose New > Key from the context menu, and name it as 0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51.
- Next, you need to create two REG_DWORD values in the 0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51 sub-key. For that, right-click on 0e796bdb-100d-47d6-a2d5-f7d2daa51f51 and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Set the name to AC Setting Index. You will now need to enter the Value data. Double-click on the ACSettingIndex to enter 1 as the Value data.
- Click the OKbutton.
- Next, create another REG_DWORD value called DCSettingIndex. Then set the Value data to 1. You can then repeat the steps above.
After you have completed all the steps, restart your computer to make the changes.
How can I request a password for startup?
You must set a password to allow Windows 11/10 to ask you for a password at startup. Windows 11/10 default makes it mandatory that users enter their user account password in order to log in to the computer. You can go to Windows Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > PIN. You can then choose the password that suits your needs.
What do I need to ask a user before they can resume?
Follow the above-mentioned guides to enable your computer to request a password before you resume. Windows 11/10 allows you to activate this feature using Windows Settings, Local Group Policy Editor and Registry Editor.
Also know about avple